1. What's your actual day job and what's your dream day job?
I'd like to be able to say something along the lines of the "hit" movie Angel: High School Honor Student by Day. Hollywood Hooker by Night. Alas, I'm simply Accountant by Day. Homebody by Night. My dream job would be curating art shows, maybe have a small record label that puts out groovy shite. (Ed. note: I did not know about this film franchise until just now. And yes, it IS a franchise — it has FOUR sequels! I know what's on MY to-do list next weekend...)
2. What's your biggest pet peeve?
Recording of live shows on people's cell phones. Put down the phone and get into the show! Your audio and video are gonna suck. Let it go... (Agreed! Just wait for the tour doc to hit streaming services and frame your ticket stub like a grown-ass adult.)
3. What's a life pro tip the Boredwalk community needs to know?
Do everything now. Don't wait (unless in the case of me completing these questions). If you don't do things now, you may not get the chance to do them for a while...or ever. Covid reinforces that belief.
Another is "Ask, because you'll never know. 'Yes' and 'No' both have the same number of syllables and neither has more power than the other. People are always willing to help."
4. If you could have any super power what would it be and why?
To be invisible. I collect records and would love to flip through people's collections to discover new music. (I mean, if you ask nicely enough they may let you do that fully visible...but I get the desire to be incognito while sitting in judgment of other people's taste.)
5. You can curse your nemesis with a minor annoyance for eternity; what do you choose?
Plantar Fasciitis. That sucks. A lot.
6. What experience do you most want to cross off your bucket list?
My main bucket list item was heading to Iceland. My husband and I did that for our honeymoon and it was as amazing as I thought it would be. My other big bucket list item was to go down in a cage into the water to be among great white sharks. I'm letting that one go.
7. If you drink: what's your go-to drink? If you don't drink: what's your go-to dessert or snack?
Whiskey and Coke (the soda).
8. Clear up a misconception (about your job, where you are from, some other topic you know a lot about).
One of the biggest misconceptions is that accounting people are boring. Sure, we have a lot of really boring people in our world, but ya just gotta seek out the cool ones. They do exist. (True. I've also met some pretty boring artists, too, so the pendulum swings both ways.)
9. What is a surprising fact about you?
I own over 8,000 vinyl records, and my husband and I got married by Kate Pierson of The B-52's! (Technically speaking, anyplace one gets married by Kate Pierson is a love shack.)
10. Where can the rest of the Boredwalk community find you?
On Instagram @whiskeyanddonuts.