1. What's your actual day job and what's your dream day job?
In real life, I’m a Licensed Customs Broker. I just last week got a new job! Basically we are the people that ensure that the rules and regulations are followed for large commercial shipments coming into the US.
My dream job is to run a dog rescue. If I could somehow incorporate that into helping women feel empowered, that’s what I’d do!
2. What keeps you up at night?
Currently what keeps me up at night is Donald J. Trump. (Ed. note: Same.)
3. What's a book you think the Boredwalk community should read?
I’d recommend Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer AND Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston. Totally different books, but both stuck with me.
4. What's the most useful piece of advice you've ever received?
Stop. Collaborate. And listen. (At least you're not going around cooking MC's like a pound of bacon. Ewww.)
5. If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?
It’s totally a super power to have self confidence so I’d pick that ALL DAY.
I left my last job due to what I considered to be sexist behaviors and a company culture that definitely rewarded men for things that women had actually done. The day I left that job, I wore this shirt. It made me feel strong and proud, and most importantly, at peace with my decision to leave a job after 15 years.
The next day, I went to pick up my things from the office and wore my Feminist is my 2nd-Favorite F-Word shirt. It is literally like putting on a cape! (Aww! You're making us blush.)
6. What experience do you most want to cross off your bucket list?
7. Clear up a misconception (about your job, where you are from, some other topic you know a lot about).
Nashville is Metal as f**k. Don’t be fooled by all those sequined cowboy boots and bridal showers.
8. Where can the rest of the Boredwalk community find you?