1. What's your actual day job and what's your dream day job?
My day job is to work on my YA novel about a high schooler punk rock girl who falls madly in love with a female jock classmate (unpaid — I'm on Disability but trying to make the most of it). When I was still able to work, I wrote copy for various websites, from travel sites to Pottery Barn. To that I say, "eh".
Dream day job? Play pro basketball.
2. What's your biggest pet peeve?
People who are oblivious of others. News flash! Other people exist!
3. What's a book you think the Boredwalk community should read?
Everything J.D. Salinger ever wrote. The Passion by Jeanette Winterson. Native Son by Richard Wright. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. Everything Toni Morrison ever wrote. (I could go on and on.)
4. What's the most useful piece of advice you've ever received?
I have the right to take up space (many women don't feel like they
can), make my voice heard, and set boundaries.
5. What experience do you most want to cross off your bucket list?
Visit Jigokudani Monkey Park!
6. If you could have any super power what would it be and why?
Super strength and the ability to heal my own body. I guess because chronic pain sucks and I'd love to have power over it.
7. You can curse your nemesis with a minor annoyance for eternity; what do you choose?
The curse of losing things constantly. "Where the f*%k are my glasses? My keys? My purse/bag?"
8. Where can the rest of the Boredwalk community find you?
FB under my name. I'm pretty private, though.