Welcome to our weekly Boredwalk Community series, where we ask Boredwalk fans fun questions! This week we're talking to Matt B. of Chicago IL, showing off a whiskey shirt.
1. What's your actual day job and what's your dream day job?
I'm an events planner for a medium-sized nonprofit organization in Chicago. I absolutely love it. My dream day job is to be an events planner for a Formula 1 team. Preferably McLaren or Haas.
2. What's your biggest pet peeve?
3. What's a book that you think the Boredwalk community should read?
Essentialism by Greg McKeown. About 15 months ago I made the conscious decision to truly improve my life. I went on new brain drugs, got a new job I'm passionate about in the industry I love, started seeing a therapist, and reading self-improvement (not self-help) books. Essentialism had the most impact on me. It's about the disciplined pursuit of less: stop taking millimeter steps in a million different directions and take meter-long steps in one or two things that have true meaning to you.
(Ed. note: this tracks well with my own experience as someone with ADD. Nibbling at tasks/projects on the margins is a good way to accomplish very little.)
4. What's a life pro tip that the Boredwalk community needs to know?
If you don't prioritize your life, someone else will.
5. You can curse your nemesis with a minor annoyance for eternity; what do you choose?
Any time they drink something, a few drops end up on their shirt.
6. Where can the rest of the Boredwalk community find you?