Welcome to our weekly Boredwalk Community series, where we ask Boredwalk fans fun questions! This week we're talking to Mikey B. of Rockaway NJ, showing off a Don't Grow Up It's a Trap shirt.
1. What's your actual day job and what's your dream day job?
Currently "in between jobs" as they say, but I was a litigation support manager for a court reporting firm. I emailed transcripts to attorneys; not fun. Dream day job = music producer. (Ed. note: yeah, that sounds better.)
2. What's your biggest pet peeve?
The rapid loss of driving knowledge when it happens to rain during your commute. (The struggle is real...and annoying.)
3. What's the most useful piece of advice you've ever received?
Play chess, not checkers. (Dad, is that you?)
4. If you could have any super power what would it be and why?
The amount of times I’ve debated this question with friends always seems to create a different answer. To stray away from the usual, I’d love for my super power to be able to eradicate disease. (You'd never pay for drinks on this planet again!)
5. You can curse your nemesis with a minor annoyance for eternity; what do you choose?
The pain of stubbing your toe...doesn’t matter which toe.
6. What experience do you most want to cross off your bucket list?
Travel to every continent.
7. Clear up a misconception (about your job, where you are from, some other topic you know a lot about).
I’m sure this gets hammered home enough, but being from New Jersey, NO we aren’t all like the Jersey Shore cast (they’re not even from Jersey), we don’t all have links to the mob, and we have THE best pizza. Don’t @ me.
8. What's a life pro tip the Boredwalk community needs to know?
Just breathe and get those creative juices flowing!
9. Where can the rest of the Boredwalk community find you?
On Twitter @whereyabeen
If you’re of the musical variety please spin some of my tracks here: https://weusetolove.bandcamp.com/