DON'T LET FULL PRICES GRIND YOU DOWN.
Happy National Lemon Cream Pie Day! Hopefully the tart zing of that lemon curd jolts you into remembering that today is also Cyber Monday, aka the last chance to save on Boredwalk merch until next year.
A sour pill to swallow, to be sure.
The clock is ticking! Now through 11:59PM tonight, save:
• 10% ON ALL ORDERS with code 10BFCM21
• 15% ON ORDERS of $150+ with code 15BFCM21
Again: these codes expire at 11:59PM TONIGHT, so don't delay! This isn't a fake-out, and no, there won't be one of those annoying "sale extended" emails in your inbox tomorrow. This is it!
Now that we've put all that unpleasant sales-y stuff behind us, let's resume with some traditional Boredwalk email content. For instance, let's cut a slice of that aforementioned lemon meringue for the following November 29 birthday boys, girls, persons, and video games!
• Writers Louisa May Alcott (1832) of Little Women fame, C.S. Lewis (1898) of Narnia fame, and Madeleine L'Engle (1918) of A Wrinkle In Time fame!
• Actors Don Cheadle (1964) of Ocean's Trilogy fame and Chadwick Boseman (1976) of Black Panther fame!
• Musician John Mayall (1933) whose band The Bluesbreakers included such famed guitarists as Eric Clapton (slightly more infamous at this point), Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac, and Mick Taylor of The Rolling Stones.
• Pong, which Atari introduced on this day in 1972 and quickly became the first commercially successful video game. LOL, have you ever seen Pong or played it yourself? I have, and it's terrible! The early 1970s must've been dreadfully boring if Pong was what passed for excitement.
OK, that's it — I'm done. Go save some money before those codes up there expire! We'll be back in your inbox Wednesday with some more famous birthdays & random holidays, and amusing links to distracting content that will take your mind off the universe's inexorable march toward entropy. Fun!
Yours in last-minute savings,