SAME AS THE LAST TWO YEARS
Happy National...Kazoo Day? And apparently...National Fun At Work Day? Wanna have "fun" at work today? Bring a kazoo into the office/warehouse/teacher's lounge/construction site/wherever and start playing on it; see how quickly your workplace devolves into a chaotic Lord of the Flies-esque meleé wherein your coworkers pummel you senseless.
Don't worry, though! Today is also National Blueberry Pancake Day, so you can lick some syrup or compote along with your wounds.
A solid gameplan when facing imminent kazoo rage.
Long-time readers know that we typically drop brand-new designs and products in our Friday emails. Those same long-time readers probably recognize that the Fine, Thanks tee up top is not brand-new, but rather a classic jam from Boredwalk's best seller list!
This is because we have some fun new stuff coming down the pike in the coming weeks and months, but those new products involve a longer gestation/development process than our apparel items.
The good news is that one of those fun new things is almost ready for its big reveal, so be sure to stay tuned to future emails!
In the meantime, if you're planning to give a Valentine's or Galentine's Day gift (or Bro-entine's, or They-rentine's Day — we are nothing if not inclusive at Boredwalk!) to a special someone a couple weeks from now, be sure to get that order in this weekend to ensure it arrives in time!
To make that a bit easier, THIS WEEKEND ONLY, you can get FREE shipping* with the code KAZOO at checkout, regardless of how much you order or how heavy those 15 hoodies you've been eyeing are or how remote the far-flung hamlet you live in is from the greater Los Angeles area.
*US shipping via First Class Mail. I'm trying to be generous, but I am not Scrooge McDuck. Sorry, international friends and impatient Americans!
OK, let's eat some more blueberry pancakes to celebrate today's notable birthday persons, including:
• Printer and type designer John Baskerville, born this day in 1707! I love Baskerville (the font) AND Baskerville (the hound of). Apparently ol' John was born in Wolverly, England. Coincidence? I think not.
• Abstract expressionist painter Jackson Pollock, born this day in 1912! Not my cup of tea — his drip technique is like visual free verse, and I'm the sort of low-brow troglodyte that doesn't consider it poetry unless it rhymes — but I will give the guy props for being the first to make "art" like that (and dupe some rich snobs into giving him a hefty chunk of change for it).
• The United States Coast Guard, founded this day in 1915! Technically it first formed as the Revenue-Marine in 1790, but whatever — thanks for fighting contraband trade and aiding distressed sea vessels (among many other jobs), Coasties!
• Backstreet Boy Nick Carter, born this day in 1980! Whether it's a celebratory stack of fruit-filled pancakes or a traditional slice of cake, you can be assured he wants it THAT way.
• Actor and hairy-footed denizen of the Shire Elijah Wood, born this day in 1981! With all the breakfasting involved in the hobbit diet, he's probably already had at least two helpings of pancakes this morning.
Alright! We'll be back in your inbox Monday with a new Boredwalk Community Q&A, more famous birthdays, a random holiday or two, and other assorted entertainment!
Until next time...
Peace, love, and pancakes,