We are Hiring a Director of Operations
We are Boredwalk, a fast-growing artist-owned digitally native lifestyle brand, with a focus on original design work, progressive values, and dark humor. Our catalog includes a unique assortment of apparel, gifts, and accessories and our business model focuses on in-house production & fulfillment and building and nurturing a thriving, idiosyncratic community with our fans, whether it be on social media via our robust marketing program and organic freemium content or our peerless email campaigns. (We know — email? But seriously, they’re dope AF and customers won’t stop telling us how much they love them.)
We are a casual environment of misfits, weirdos, and cat lovers. Our core values are integrity, independence, excellence, growth, and having a problem-solving mentality. We don’t just talk about these values, either — we live them every day.However, while we may be casual around the office, we’re also pretty Type-A about the work we do, the products we make & sell, and consistently delivering a 5-star experience to our customers, regardless of whether they’ve placed their first order with us or their 20th. Yes, we’re a “brand”, but anyone can slap a logo on something and call it a brand. We’re more interested in building a cult.
About this job:
We are seeking an experienced e-commerce professional who will be responsible for the management of day to day operations, including oversight of production, shipping and fulfillment, customer service, inventory management, and vendor management.
We don’t expect the Operations Manager to do all of this themselves — we already have a great staff in place to execute — but we do expect the Operations Manager to oversee these departments and tackle issues that arise with alacrity, vigor, and a keen problem-solving mind and be willing and able to learn the inner workings of each of them and approach all operational processes with a desire to improve efficiency and accuracy as we continue to scale.
The Operations Manager will serve as the right hand to the brand founders, and be responsible for overseeing all business functions that don't fall under the marketing and product development teams' purview.
• Oversee company operations, including shipping, production, procurement, warehousing, and customer service.
• Ensure employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture, and ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met
• Develop, review, analyze, modify, and implement efficient and effective operations department processes, systems, policies, and procedures with a focus on driving, standardizing, and optimizing performance.
• Review and evaluate performance gaps and take corrective action, as needed, to ensure the managers/supervisors of each functional area are delivering on operating goals.
• Set up key performance metrics (KPIs) to monitor labor management and order fulfillment
• Document operational requirements to create new or update existing SOPs
• Communicate core concepts of the business operations to team and ensure that team members are on board with the overall direction of the business
• Implement cost saving measures across operational functions of the business
• Collaborate with the brand founders to create actionable plans to drive business success
• Provide operational metrics and analysis, reporting infrastructures, and processes to optimize the cost and performance within fulfillment operations.
• Ensure proper maintenance and operation of equipment in use by the operations teams and work with vendors to troubleshoot equipment issues as they arise
• Maintain appropriate supply levels for materials used by the operations teams
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Strong writing, communication, leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• Experience building, leading, and managing teams, including virtual teams overseas; fostering great company culture, and motivating excellence
• A driven self starter with a strong work ethic and talent for learning new things quickly
• Exceptional problem-solving capabilities and the ability to work independently
• Experience implementing and using e-commerce SAAS tools including HelpScout, Shopify, ShipStation, Slack, Zoho, etc.
• Minimum of 5 years of operations management experience in the e-commerce industry for a DTC brand
• Experience with operational optimization
• A results and growth oriented mindset and a passion for great products and customer experience
• Enthusiasm for data, identifying and resolving bottlenecks, and innovating processes
• Strong attention to detail and exceptional prioritization skills
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem-solving and results in achievement
• Experience with EOS/Traction a strong plus
• Degree in business or finance a plus
Please include a cover letter, resume, and names & contact info for at least three (3) professional references with your application. Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Could I Be The Roy to Your Walt?" (Bonus points if you get that reference.)
Please DO NOT contact us via phone or social media to inquire about the application. If your application is a fit for this role we will reach out.