We're always looking for new talent here at the Boredwalk HQ. Current openings we are actively seeking to fill are below.
If you think you'd be a great fit for our organization but don't see an opening that's a match for your skills, feel free to email us your resume and cover letter so we have you on our radar as new roles become available. We are often looking for team members in our production, operations and marketing departments.
Email email@example.com for digital marketing jobs. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for operations roles (including customer service, production/manufacturing, warehouse, shipping, logistics, etc.). We do not currently have openings for writers or graphic designers. Please do not send us resumes for those roles, we get a lot of inquiries for those positions and are not seeking hires for those roles at this time.
Current Job Openings:
✔️ Every day is casual Friday!
✔️ Comfortable, air conditioned, spacious workplace with TONS of room for social distancing
✔️ Working around cool products with a team of A-players
✔️ Generous paid time off and paid holidays
✔️ Paid benefits
✔️ Competitive starting wage
✔️ Seasonal bonuses (getting through the hectic holiday season = cha-ching!)
✔️ Opportunities to grow with our company and advance your career
✔️ Full time hours on a consistent set schedule
We're a small artist-owned e-commerce company run by two introvert misfits who hated working for other people enough to start our own business, all in service of the pipe dream that one day we could be left the hell alone all day, every day to make jokes about existentialism and cats. Unfortunately for us, our business has become moderately successful and now necessitates hiring more help. Boo!
We are located in Santa Fe Springs, and we sell graphic apparel and accessories. Our team is quirky and creative but also professional and focused.
You enjoy a fast-paced environment where you get to use your supervisory skills and exceptional attention to detail skills. People describe you as reliable, patient, methodical, a strong problem-solver, and self-motivated. You pride yourself on leading teams and getting things done. On top of that, you learn new systems and policies quickly.
Type A personalities welcome! You will be leading our production process to ensure efficient, accurate prints of all orders are sent out on time. Follow through and the ability to think steps ahead are crucial for this role.
The Print Production Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the production department to ensure all orders are printed efficiently and accurately. The Print Production Supervisor will work with DTG (direct to garment) and sublimation printers/machinery.
This role is physically active and does require stamina to execute daily functions in a timely manner. The production floor is a fast-paced atmosphere and the Print Production Supervisor will primarily be on their feet through the duration of the shift. If you're the kind of person who likes to work with their hands and gets stir crazy sitting at a desk all day, this role is perfect for you.
Experience working with production equipment is helpful but not required. We are looking for someone who is detail oriented, learns quickly, and enjoys being a team supervisor. We can teach you to work with our equipment.
To apply for the job, please read through the ENTIRE ad carefully.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee daily coordination of the production department workflow, ensuring all orders are processed on time and prioritizing any orders that are about to run late by planning, assigning, and directing work
• Order supplies from vendors
• Manage, mentor, and train the production team to ensure production department meets established productivity timelines
• Communicate with other teams regarding any delays or stock issues that would impact customers
• Oversee maintenance of all production equipment to ensure continued functionality, either in a hands-on capacity or by contracting with approved servicing vendor(s)
• Report Production KPIs to the Director of Operations weekly
• Collaborate with Director of Operations and senior management to optimize workflow, efficiency, and accuracy of production work
• Interview, hire, and train team members; evaluate performance; reward and discipline team members; address complaints and assist in providing appropriate resolutions
• Ensure all orders are printed accurately and ship on time
• Management of workflow and team members
• Order shirt stock and manage shipments from vendors daily for items we normally don’t carry, weekly for inventory replenishment
• Perform production-related duties including picking, inspection of goods, relabeling, and pre-treatment of blank inventory
• Operation of Brother GTX DTG machinery including, but not limited to: DTG printers, pad printers, heat presses, sublimation printers, and garment dryer(s)
• Perform routine maintenance and/or troubleshooting of all production equipment as needed
• Familiarity with direct-to-garment DTG production equipment and maintenance procedures helpful but not required
• Ability to balance competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency with basic math skills
• Excellent written & verbal communication
• Computer savvy - you know your way around a spreadsheet and web browser
• Supervisory experience (required)PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Production Supervisor in order to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. This includes:
• Ability to remain on feet for majority of work day with minimal fatigue
• Ability to move quickly throughout production process
• Ability to occasionally lift heavy boxes of inventory and/or production supplies (40+ lbs.)
• Strong visual acuity, including depth perception, spatial relations, ability to differentiate between similar but fundamentally different colors (for example, quickly identifying the difference between royal, navy, baby/Carolina blue, teal, and turquoise).
Please note that this job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive or fixed listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required for this position. Activities, duties, and responsibilities may change over time.
The ideal candidate for the Production Supervisor position in our company must thrive in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment. Ability to multi-task in a detail-oriented manner is also a must, as is the flexibility to adjust to changing (re: increasing) volumes of tasks and daily workload. They must also possess the ability to cooperate and communicate inter-departmentally, whether written or verbally.
The person best suited for this job possesses integrity, and a can-do, problem-solving mentality. A commitment to excellence — both in terms of the finished products our company sells, as well as a sense of pride and accomplishment in a job well done — is key. They are also dependable, independent, and adaptable.
The ideal candidate should also be able to independently, and as department supervisor, handle moderately complex production responsibilities. They need to have a firm grasp of the factors driving supply chain and product costs, and work with colleagues to reduce cost/waste wherever possible. Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects with overlapping deadlines and production schedules is a must. This person will be proactive, resourceful, and driven by a heightened internal motivation.
In order to apply, please fill out this Google Form to indicate your interest and demonstrate your ability to follow directions:
Applicants who have not filled this out will not be considered.
Then send your cover letter and application to email@example.com
• Eight (8) paid holidays per year
• Paid Time Off - approx. 20 days a year
• 401(k) (50% matching up to 6% of annual salary)
• $200 monthly stipend for health care expenses, including health insurance premiums
• Day Shift (flexible according to workload)
• Monday to Friday -- 10am - 6:30pm
• Overtime may be required to complete projects on schedule