We're pretty spoiled here in Southern California with our perennially sunny warm climate, but this time of year even Los Angeles gets a little wintry — at least by Angeleno standards — giving us license to indulge in our introvert ways. This cold, rainy week has given us the perfect excuse to do what we love most: hibernate alone in the house with our cats.
If you're a fellow introvert, maybe you think you know all there is to know about introversion, but this week we've got a few fun facts you might not know about introverts.
1. Introverts don't necessarily hate talking to people, but they don't care for small talk. Instead, introverts prefer deeper, more meaningful conversations.
2. Introverts can be successful leaders. Some famous introvert leaders include Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Seve Wozniak, and Mark Zuckerberg. This is good news for team Boredwalk, since we're total introverts ourselves. According to USA Today 4 in 10 CEOs are introverts.
3. There are actually 4 types of introverts: social, thinking, anxious, and restrained. More on that here.
4. Not all introverts are shy and not all shy people are introverts. Psychology Today breaks this one down for us.
5. Introverts are drawn to solitary, creative, detail-oriented work. Some popular career choices for introverts include graphic design, veterinary medicine, financial analysis, and STEM professions such as computer programming, biochemistry, or physics.
Want to show off your introvert pride? Here are a few of our favorite introvert shirts:
That's it for this week! Until next time, keep it cozy!
Peace, love, and tacos,